Thursday 19 November 2009

Frances Fyfield - Cold To The Touch


Jessica Hurly won't go home to her idyllic-sounding birth town, and her friend Sarah Fortune doesn't know why, although she knows that Jess has a volatile and complicated personality.  Sarah is persuaded to test the waters by moving to her seaside town and find out if everything has been forgiven and forgotten.  Shortly after Sarah moves, there are reported sightings of Jessica in the community, but why did she make no attempt to contact Sarah or Jessica's mother with the news before she somehow ends up in the butcher's chiller?

My rating: 5/10

Hmmm.  I really wanted to like this book.  Full review will be on SHOTS, and as I will write it this weekend it will probably be there next month.  Will update this post when it is but it's best if I leave the full synopsis/review there rather than feeling like I'm repeating myself.  Needless to say, I doubt I'll read anything more by this author.

Update 16.12.09.  Full review is here.

Next: Um.  Nothing from Mr Stotter (to be fair, I only gave him the green light earlier this week)/pending for SHOTS, can't get to the library until Saturday, so will probably be a re-read.  Oh indecision.

No comments:

Post a Comment