Wednesday 3 March 2010

W.E.B Griffin - The Double Agents



I've decided to dispense with the italicised summary.  Cause I really can't be bothered any more.

Ha.  No, not usually the sort of book I read.  Libraries use the "Crime" section very loosely, although where I previously lived, you had a 'Crime' section and a 'Spy/Thriller' section.  I suppose it depends on how the librarian feels about them.

Anyhow - adventure spy is something I normally avoid, just too James Bond dahhhling.  This one should have been my worst nightmare, a whole cast of James Bonds, including a couple of characters who later became James Bond.  Yikers.  Actually, I enjoyed it.  Gasp.  It moved along at just about my pace, with enough good characterisation and plot to keep me interested.  The one thing that I could gripe about is the ending.  Three letters.  WTF.  There were also parts of it, which got you thinking - hang on, this is a clue, this will be important later....but it isn't.  Bizarre and slightly frustrating.  Maybe I shoulda been a boy to enjoy this more.  And/or James Bond.

My rating: 7/10

Next: Edward Marston - The Frost Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment